Happiness is Homemade
There’s something extraordinary about the warm and welcoming aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. A single whiff can conjure up favorite memories and bring a smile to any face.
First created in Massachusetts during the late 1930s, chocolate chip cookies became an American classic almost instantly. And it’s no wonder — there are endless ways to customize the original chocolate chip cookie recipe and craft the perfect freshly baked treat.
With our commitment to American-made Deliciousness (and unrivaled love of chocolate), it shouldn’t come as a surprise that See’s has cooked up what we think is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe using our Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
Ready to give them a try? We thought you’d never ask!
Grab Your Apron
To get started, you'll need a few materials:
- Bowls (2)
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking parchment
- Cookie sheets
- Cooling racks
And of course, you'll also need some ingredients!
- 1 stick + 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 oz See's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Now that you've got everything, let’s start baking!
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat (around 5 minutes) until it bubbles and turns amber in color. Transfer to a bowl (including the browned pieces) and stir in 1 teaspoon of cold water. Place mixture in the freezer to cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- While the oven heats and butter cools, pour the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl. Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.
- Place the sugar and stick of butter into the mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix on a low setting. Once the mixture starts getting creamy, increase to medium speed.
- Take the melted butter from the freezer, add the brown sugar and whisk until they clump together.
- Scrape the paddle and mixing bowl sides, then add the vanilla, egg and buttery brown sugar mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, stirring until the dough forms. Now add the See's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (while trying to resist the urge to nibble them!)
- Cover the cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Place round scoops of dough 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Pop your cookies into your oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit for a minute before moving to the cooling rack.
One for You. More for Me.
Practicing patience while you wait for your cookies to cool can be difficult, but we promise you the gooey goodness will be worth the wait. Just make sure you get your fill before sharing them because once you do, they'll be gone! Luckily, our chocolate chip cookie recipe makes around four dozen cookies, so there should be enough for everyone.
Only the Finest Ingredients Will Do
We may be a little biased, but we’re confident See's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips make the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe addition. Super-sized and extra-delicious, they make the very best home-baked treats (psst…just in case you don’t have this blog post handy, the recipe is on the back of the chocolate chips bag.) And for a little extra flavor, add pieces of See’s old-fashioned Peanut Brittle or Maple Cashew Brittle to the batter before baking.
Shop for ingredients today